Photobucket



Ashby Rauch, Founder of Visible Grace


What is Visible Grace:
We are a non-profit organization committed to providing faith-based education to children in need. Our goal is to help alleviate poverty by empowering children through education. With a holistic philosophy, we believe that children will best learn when they are cared for physically, mentally and spiritually

OUR VISION
With God's grace, we plan to establish a school and home for orphaned children in Nairobi Kenya. We will work with children from the slums of Kibera outside Nairobi. We plan to help these children realize their potential and make the most of their future. The idea behind Visible Grace is to remove children from situations from which they are unable remove themselves without assistance
What is your day job?
I nanny and fundraisers, network and do admin for visible grace. this looks like a variety of things on any given day.

What brings you so much joy in life?
Spending time with kids is more life giving than almost anything on this earth.

What has been the most difficult thing since starting from scratch a school and orphanage in Kenya?
Continually asking people to give (and being told no a lot) gets really old. it's also been really frustrating to try to work with the Kenyan govt. They are slow, inefficient and corrupt. 

What do you love to eat?
Anything with cheese on it.

Who is God to you? and How is faith evident in your life?
God is my friend, helper and lover! He asked me to step WAY out of my comfort zone and He has blessed me, and the kids in Kenya, so much! His faithfulness keeps me going. 


Why is it so important that Pete and Jesse come on this trip?
One of the most important aspects of doing my job is bringing Kenya back to the US so that our donors understand the work we are doing. Words go a long way but a picture or video of a child living in horrible conditions in Kenya can break anyone's heart. When I am in Kenya, I want to have the freedom to just be myself, and let someone else worry about capturing it on video. This summer, we will be working on building our first home! I am excited for this opportunity, and I want everyone back here in Oregon to be able to witness the progress we make.

The video and pictures that Pete and Jesse take will be used to spread the love and grace we find in Kenya around the world. : )