Photobucket


Pete Dryden, Photographer/Videographer


Photobucket
What is your day job?:
I have two jobs. I work in videography/photography doing short films, weddings, and free lance projects. I also work building custom cabinets in a local cabinet shop, Ridgeway Cabinets.

What are your favorite things to eat?:
Honestly, I feel most satisfied with saltine crackers. Simple and to the point. Pineapple is always great!

What brings you so much joy in life?:
What brings me joy is having conversation with others and realizing in the process something about myself that has never occurred to me before about myself. Whether its a good quality or bad quality. The concept of self realization fascinates me. It's ultimately how I learn from life and grow closer to God. Recognizing that he has blessed me with an existence that strives to be like Him.

Who is God to you?:
The author A.W. Tozer said it best, "What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us." For me, God, is our existence in its most honest reflection. His presence signifies what it is about us that makes me strive to be a better person.

What is your purpose for going on this trip?:
My purpose for going on this trip would be to bring awareness of whats going on in Kenya back to the US. Filming and taking photos of the country. Showcasing the people, environment, living conditions, the political and economical situation, and what the spiritual beliefs consist of in Kenya.

What do you hope to get out of this trip?:
A better understanding of Kenya and how I can contribute to its progress as a country. A closer and more intimate relationship with God. And having been able to connect with other believers of Christ in a part of the world that I have no experience in.

Natural gifting and how would you apply them?:
The Haiti video is an example of what I can do.(watch Video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BSJ9J_HARI ) I stand behind that. I'm not bias when it comes to bringing awareness to something that others would rather ignore. My heart goes out to anyone (man, woman, or child) that has circumstances that society would phrase as "impossible to overcome". I ultimately believe that its achievable to change an awful existence into an existence that promotes what God has had planned since the Beginning.

More of Pete's work visit www.neumannfilms.com